Thanks for registering to Pune User Group’s Windows Phone Training event. If you haven’t registered yet, you can visit http://iunlockjoy.cloudapp.net for registration. We do have some seats available.
Attendees need to bring their own laptops for this event. And laptops should meet following requirements.
- Windows® Vista® (x86 and x64) with Service Pack 2 – all editions except Starter Edition OR
- Windows 7 (x86 and x64) – all editions except Starter Edition
- 4 GB of free disk space & 3 GB RAM
- Windows Phone Emulator requires a DirectX 10 or above capable graphics card with a WDDM 1.1 driver. You can verify that by using dxdiag (in Start -> Run) tool.
- DAEMON Tools Lite v4.45.2 (with SPTD 1.80) – required to mount ISO files
If you have Visual Studio 2010 already installed, make sure that, you’ve upgraded it with Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Service Pack 1 BEFORE installing next SDK.
Once you download the WP SDK ISO from Microsoft or take it from PUG, please run the setup.exe from mounted ISO. On next screen, read and accept the agreement as shown below:
Once, accepted, on next screen just click on ‘Install Now’ button as I’ve shown here:
Now, it will start installing the tools and SDK on your machine.
After completing the installation, you should get following window:
If you’re very keen to fire-up the development environment, click on “Run the Product Now” button or wait till the training begins.
For extra controls, you may want to download and install Windows Phone Toolkit - Nov 2011 (7.1 SDK). This will give you more controls like listpicker, phonetextbox, etc…. Please find more information on the same link.
For any technical queries related to Windows Phone Application development, post it on PUG’s Mobile and Embedded Forum at: http://www.puneusergroup.org/Forums/ForumView.aspx?pageid=2&mid=23&ItemID=21 and we’ll make sure that those will be addressed.
See you soon at PUG Windows Phone Training Event.
Mayur Tendulkar | www.mayurtendulkar.com